Total games played:

Current Streak: 0

Longest Streak: 62

Comments Made: 1,337

360voice Staff

USA
6474 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  10:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tomorrow, February 4th, THE ONLY BADGES THAT WILL RUN ARE GENRES AND COLLECTIONS. ALL OTHER BADGES WILL RUN AS NORMAL ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5TH!

Repeat: ONLY Genres and Collections will run on 2/4/2010!

Surprise! The update came a bit earlier then expected didn't it?

This is a special update, unlike any we've had before, because this time around games were REMOVED from genres. I'll discuss those first, beginning with the big one:

SPORTS REMOVALS - 29 TITLES

Sports has been trimmed down, or rather, the annual franchises have been trimmed down. Now instead of all 4 years of Madden or MLB, only the latest TWO YEARS will be counted for the genre badge. This greatly reduces the points required for each badge level and also brings the genre in line with the rest of them. Except for FPS, which will be trimmed in the next update.

Here's the listing of the 29(!) games that were removed from Sports:

College Hoops 2k6
College Hoops 2k7
College Hoops 2k8
FIFA 06 ROTWC
FIFA 07
FIFA 08
Madden NFL 06
Madden NFL 07
Madden NFL 08
MLB 2k6
MLB 2k7
MLB 2k8
NBA 2k6
NBA 2k7
NBA 2k8
NBA Live 06
NBA Live 07
NBA Live 08
NBA Street Homecourt
NCAA Football 07
NCAA Football 08
NCAA March Madness 07
NCAA March Madness 08
NHL 2k6
NHL 2k7
NHL 2k8
NHL 07
NHL 08
Tiger Woods 07
Tiger Woods 08

Strategy - 5 Titles

Strategy was a different beast. Instead of an insane number of points required, Strategy was hampered by sheer difficulty. I was amazed when I noticed that on January 28th, the Top Gun Badge had almost exactly, THREE TIMES as many people as Strategy, 120 vs. 40 for the 1* and 3 vs. 1 for the 2*.

The other problem was that certain games placed under this genre back in 2006 no longer fit with what the 360's expanding catalog provided. Outpost Kaloki X, Star Trek Legacy and Battlefield: Midway were rather conspicuous amid a sea of classic RTS and turn-based titles.

On the other side, I, like a fool, placed Stormrise into the genre last time around, and I will admit, that was a mistake. The number of gamers that have played Stormrise are incredibly low, even once it belonged to a genre. Couple that with the low metacritic score and sky-high TA ratio, and you have a hard, horrible game. Supreme Commander fit the same mold. A poorly made, very difficult title and so it too, was removed. To replace them, we have placed Spectral Force 3 and ZOIDS Assualt within the genre. Two significantly easier titles.

Here's the listing of what was removed from Strategy:

Battlestations: Midway
Outpost Kaloki X
Star Trek: Legacy
Stormrise
Supreme Commander

MUSIC

Much like Stormrise, a mistake was made last update with the Music badge. The Rock Band Track Packs were included, and after the fact did it come to light what went wrong. The Songs are available separately, and not just with the achievement enabled DLC. As such, the Track Packs have been removed along with the one game that, like the older strategy titles, did not fit what the genre has become: Boom Boom Rocket has been removed from Music.

So that's why we made the removals that we did. A little bit of pruning so that the badges can continue to grow and prosper. Now without further ado, here's the listing of games that we have added to the genres, along with the total number of titles that make up the genre and the total GS required for 100%:

Action/Adventure - 20 total titles - 19,190 total GS
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Brutal Legend
Darksiders
WET

Family - 34 titles - 31,600 total GS
LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Cash-in Continues
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes

Fighting - 21 titles - 13,800 total GS
DrabonBall Z: Raging Blast
Tekken 6

FPS - 44(!) titles - 44,180 total GS
Army of Two Two (I would've gone with that title.)
Halo: ODST
Modern Warfare 2

Hack and Slash - 24 Titles - 23,245 total GS
Bayonetta
Dishwasher: Dead Samurai

Music/Rhythm - 23 Games - 19,750 total GS
Band Hero
DJ Hero
Guitar Hero: Van Halen
LEGO Rock Band

Oddball - 12 Games - 10,205 total points
'Splosion Man
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

Party - 7 Games - 5,650 total GS
*The latest Scene It? Had A Small Problem, will be added later*

Puzzle - 23 titles - 5,700 total GS
Bust a Move

Race - 28 titles - 28,850 total GS
Forza 3
Need for Speed: Shift

Retro - 34 Games - 7,600 total GS
Bubble Bobble
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

RPG - 24 titles - 24,180 total GS
Borderlands
Dragon Age: Origins
Magna Carta 2
Mass Effect 2

Sandbox - 20 titles - 21,500 total GS
Assassin's Creed 2
Saboteur
Wheelman

Shmup - 21 titles - 5,800 total GS
Assault Heroes 2
Raiden IV

Social

Sports - 24 titles - 24,600 total GS
Backyard Football '10
NCAA Basketball 09
NCAA Basketball 10
NBA 2k10
NBA 2k10 Draft Combine
NHL '10

Strategy - 20 titles - 15,425 total GS[/b]
Spectral Force 3
Zoids Assualt

Survival/Horror - 10 titles - 10,420 total GS[/b]
Left 4 Dead 2
Saw

Top Gun - 8 titles - 8,000 total GS[/b]
Heroes Over Europe

Wrestling - 8 titles - 8,000 total GS[/b]
Smackdown vs. Raw 2010

And now...COLLECTIONS!

Backyard Football 2010 was added to Easycore.
Cameron's Avatar was added to Movie games.
Deadliest Catch was added to The Great Outdoors.
Cabela's Big Buck Hunter 2010 was added to The Great Outdoors.

Cars: Mater-National was removed from Movie games.
Hellboy: TSoE was removed from Movie games.

Cars and Hellboy were removed as they are not actual movie games, while Cars is based off of a movie property, it is it's own, stand alone story, much like Cars: Race-o-rama (or something.) Hellboy is also not based off of either of the movies, but is rather it's own, stand-alone title.

Edited by - Dog of Thunder on Feb 04 2010 5:02:02 PM

WolfWood37

Zone: Pro

Total games played: 570

Current Streak: 27

Longest Streak: 713

Badge Team

2417 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  10:58:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My sports badge, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

And RPG creeps further and further away.

Go to Top of Page

xMac73

Zone: Recreation

Total games played: 899

Current Streak: 2434

Longest Streak: 2434

Advanced Gamer

USA
1329 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  11:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like it... nice job, Dog!

Go to Top of Page

felkadelic

Total games played:

Longest Streak: 141

Average Gamer

107 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  11:03:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quite frankly, I think this totally sucks. It's basically a big 'screw you' to the people who played a BUNCH of sports game to get the badge. I guess I don't really see why it's a problem that the genre had a bunch of games -- they were mostly cheap and not especially difficult.
Go to Top of Page

salaciousporks

Total games played:

Longest Streak: 73

New Gamer

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  11:09:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Dog, sorry if I'm out of line, but isn't Army of Two third person?
Go to Top of Page

Dog of Thunder

Total games played:

360voice Staff

USA
6474 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  11:10:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by felkadelic

Quite frankly, I think this totally sucks. It's basically a big 'screw you' to the people who played a BUNCH of sports game to get the badge. I guess I don't really see why it's a problem that the genre had a bunch of games -- they were mostly cheap and not especially difficult.

Then tell EA to not shut down their online servers.
Go to Top of Page

felkadelic

Total games played:

Longest Streak: 141

Average Gamer

107 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  11:11:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nearly half of those games that were removed aren't even EA games (plus, Madden 06 doesn't even require online play)

Edited by - felkadelic on Feb 03 2010 11:12:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dog of Thunder

Total games played:

360voice Staff

USA
6474 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  11:11:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by salaciousporks

Hey Dog, sorry if I'm out of line, but isn't Army of Two third person?

It is, but for now it's going into FPS. Once 3PS is up and running it will be moved along with the first one. Just sticking it there since well, the first one is already there, and well, why not?

Good catch though. :-)
Go to Top of Page

salaciousporks

Total games played:

Longest Streak: 73

New Gamer

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  11:13:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ah ok that's cool
Go to Top of Page

MLC2074

Total games played:

Longest Streak: 222

Advanced Gamer

USA
3063 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  12:57:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit MLC2074's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dog of Thunder

quote:

That reasoning is sketchy, since not all those games are by EA and not all the of the EA games that had servers shut down have unobtainable achievements. Why not just remove the titles with glitched achievements or ones where servers being shut down means you can't get all the points, if that was the real reason you guys did this? I'm pretty sure the following games still have a full 1k obtainable, and there could be more:

College Hoops 2K6
Madden NFL 06
Madden NFL 07 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=201442)
Madden NFL 08
FIFA 06
FIFA 07
Major League Baseball 2K6
NBA 2K6
NBA Live 08
NCAA Football 07
NCAA Football 08
NHL 2K6

Also, if the franchise reasoning I've read in the past is the case, why not apply the same rule to the wrestling badge?

Edited by - MLC2074 on Feb 04 2010 12:59:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dog of Thunder

Total games played:

360voice Staff

USA
6474 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  01:22:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MLC2074

Also, if the franchise reasoning I've read in the past is the case, why not apply the same rule to the wrestling badge?

Wrestling is it's own, separate genre with under 10 titles, the numbers issue that Sports had does not apply. It's both server shut downs, and the over riding numbers. Sports is now in line with the rest of the badges in terms of titles.

Those easy Sports completions still count towards the Retail completion badges, as well as overall gamer score.

Go to Top of Page

Slim Pizza Boy

Total games played: 471

Current Streak: 8

Longest Streak: 1654

Advanced Gamer

USA
4192 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  01:32:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Slim Pizza Boy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why would you remove games, from a badge that hardly gets played? I was very fond of the strategy badge. It is tough to get, unlike the Easycore crap. I mean you removed all strategy games from the strategy badge?

Kill The Noise, yeah I know that guy.
Go to Top of Page

MLC2074

Total games played:

Longest Streak: 222

Advanced Gamer

USA
3063 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  01:34:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit MLC2074's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I already know it still counts as completions and towards your gamerscore. I'm not talking about that. Just seems odd that it just seems to be "make up reason as we go."

I think if people want a badge, then they should just do what it takes to earn it. Removing games for any other reason than they have unobtainable achievements doesn't seem like a good idea. I also think if you're going to start up new rules, like the whole franchise thing, apply it to everything. Also, as I said before though, not all games that had servers shut down have unobtainable achievements. I would have been fine with games that have glitched achievements or games that have unobtainable achievements, now, being removed. Or at least removing games with some consistency(franchise reasoning). Removing games just because there happens to be a lot of sports though? Why? If people want the badge, play the games to earn it.

Edited by - MLC2074 on Feb 04 2010 02:04:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ichya Paradise

Total games played: 678

Longest Streak: 69

Senior Gamer

USA
702 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  01:38:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MLC2074

quote:
Originally posted by Dog of Thunder

quote:

That reasoning is sketchy, since not all those games are by EA and not all the of the EA games that had servers shut down have unobtainable achievements. Why not just remove the titles with glitched achievements or ones where servers being shut down means you can't get all the points, if that was the real reason you guys did this? I'm pretty sure the following games still have a full 1k obtainable, and there could be more:

College Hoops 2K6
Madden NFL 06
Madden NFL 07 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=201442)
Madden NFL 08
FIFA 06
FIFA 07
Major League Baseball 2K6
NBA 2K6
NBA Live 08
NCAA Football 07
NCAA Football 08
NHL 2K6

Though I am not against what happened to the Sports badge, MLC and felkadelic do bring up some good points. Overall though, good job.

I guess, it all depends on how many people rally around the old sports games or what not. I know it made the badge more attainable, not that I am gonna go for it.

Go to Top of Page

SparkyMP

Total games played: 865

Current Streak: 2

Longest Streak: 777

Advanced Gamer

USA
1893 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  01:50:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really do not agree with having Mass Effect 2 and the new Army of Two added. They just came out. I was told before that games are purposely left out of genre badges for a few months to allow for people to actually get the gamerscore in them. I am quite mad that Mass Effect 2 has only been out for 1 week and it is already included in a genre.

Go to Top of Page

Elmo TeH AzN

Total games played: 501

Longest Streak: 1135

Badge Team

USA
1699 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  03:45:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a little confused by this update. But I am more sad about losing my badges =(

Go to Top of Page

motenaiyoda

Total games played: 252

Longest Streak: 80

Starting Gamer

Spain
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  03:57:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit motenaiyoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First thing to say is Good Job and thanks for keeping this up and running. One issue, though: I have already finished both Army of Two games but no score is shown at Fshguys calculator. Before it only happened with Eternal Sonata (same problem, no score shown although the game is finished), but now it happens with those two as well. Too bad because they would give me the FPS badge ;-) Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

Thx in advance :-)

Motenai

Born to be pR0
Go to Top of Page

HypeWatcher

Total games played:

Longest Streak: 744

Advanced Gamer

USA
4264 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  05:24:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit HypeWatcher's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://yourethemannowdog.ytmnd.com/

quote:
Originally posted by Chrome30

I don't see the relation to mental health and streaking, but that's just me.

Drugs have taught an entire generation of American kids the metric system.
Go to Top of Page

weffalump

Total games played: 1,562

Current Streak: 25

Longest Streak: 1537

New Gamer

United Kingdom
49 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  05:40:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by motenaiyoda

I have already finished both Army of Two games but no score is shown at Fshguys calculator. Before it only happened with Eternal Sonata (same problem, no score shown although the game is finished), but now it happens with those two as well. Too bad because they would give me the FPS badge ;-) Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

Army of Two and Eternal Sonata only count the points earned on the NTSC-U versions. I presume you played the PAL version as you're in Spain.

As for your points on Army of Two: TFD not showing, it is probably because you've acquired all the points offline and the site hasn't picked them up. Pop the game back in and play whilst connected to live, or use the sync tool.

Go to Top of Page

Mightymango

Total games played: 2,338

Current Streak: 2335

Longest Streak: 2335

360voice Staff

USA
6786 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  06:26:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mightymango's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Really...you people are pissed because 2006 Sports games where removed?

The sports badges were up to 55,000 GS....55 THOUSAND!!!! To get a one star sports badge you would need OVER 20K, which is really unrealistic for newer users.

I like how no one complained about the glitched 2k sports games being removed though, considering how much I heard from people why is "blah blah blah included when its glitched". Well, now that problem has been addressed. Also the original idea is that their will be a sports legacy badge and a current badge. That is still in the works.

Mass Effect 2 and Amry of 2 TFD where added as well as a couple others as a hey, the badges haven't been running for over a month, enjoy. Apparently thats not good enough either.

Strategy should be easier to get now, mostly because Stormrise and Supreme Commander aren't in there anymore. Have any of you played those games...I mean REALLY played them? They are garbage and shouldn't have even been given a badge in the FIRST place.

Also, the third person badge will be coming in the NEXT update as we know there are a large amount of games that are in FPS that are not FPS. That genre is over do for an update as well.

Again sports was to large and THAT is the main reason for the update as well as removing games that you can't get the full 1000 in making the 3 star badge almost impossible to achieve.

Sorry I'm crabby this morning and should probably drink a hot cup of joe.

--end rant--

Check Out My Other Hobby Here :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUReUyluJ7DZAbQAXDQt7Wg/feed?view_as=public

Edited by - Mightymango on Feb 04 2010 06:31:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

futiles

Total games played: 526

Longest Streak: 404

Events Team

9529 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  06:52:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like this reason for the badge update:

It's our site and this is how we wanted it.

All mods and founders are allowed to use that quote fr free.

It's PURE AWESOME!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
360voice Community © 2006 360voice.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000