Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 360voice.com
 Badges
 This Game Belongs In That Genre!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

ROGUE 1992

362,433

Zone: Recreation

Total games played: 796

Current Streak: 10

Longest Streak: 144

Comments Made: 1,337

Senior Gamer

Australia
769 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  6:19:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit ROGUE 1992's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its the most strategic game on xbox its actual battles where in you do need some knowledge Of history and stratigic warfare where as games like the outfit are in strategy but have no strategy parts in it this must be ammended.


Edited by - ROGUE 1992 on Apr 08 2012 6:54:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chunkeh Munkeh

460,196

Zone: Recreation

Total games played: 1,538

Current Streak: 79

Longest Streak: 763

Comments Made: 1,337

Advanced Gamer

United Kingdom
1005 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  6:36:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ROGUE 1992

Its the most strategic game on xbox its real battles



...


JB330 | joshnorm | LAFTA | Chunkeh Munkeh

Be part of my random stats on TA



Go to Top of Page

DakotaThrice

186,769

Zone: Underground

Total games played:

Current Streak: 0

Longest Streak: 506

Comments Made: 1,337

Starting Gamer

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  12:20:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I understand games with unobtainable achievements aren't put in genres and I can see the sense in this as it means people can still earn the badges(even though it would only really effect the sports badge).

The totally subjective view of "this game is crap so it doesn't get a genre" I don't agree with which is why I haven't made any additional suggestions since my initial post. However as the aim of the game seems to be the ability for everyone to be able to earn any given genre badge Jurassic Park needs to be removed from point and click. The European release was cancelled (not sure about other regions) which means even if i 109% everything else in the genre there still aren't enough points available to get the 3 star badge.

Go to Top of Page

toddycst

244,415

Zone: Recreation

Total games played: 739

Current Streak: 809

Longest Streak: 809

Comments Made: 1,337

Badge Team

USA
2636 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  1:16:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DakotaThrice

From what I understand games with unobtainable achievements aren't put in genres and I can see the sense in this as it means people can still earn the badges(even though it would only really effect the sports badge).

The totally subjective view of "this game is crap so it doesn't get a genre" I don't agree with which is why I haven't made any additional suggestions since my initial post. However as the aim of the game seems to be the ability for everyone to be able to earn any given genre badge Jurassic Park needs to be removed from point and click. The European release was cancelled (not sure about other regions) which means even if i 109% everything else in the genre there still aren't enough points available to get the 3 star badge.



I understand what you're saying but there are some JP games now including (e.g. Deathsmiles 2) so I dont know that your argument to remove Jurassic Park holds water.




Team Longshots

Go to Top of Page

toddycst

244,415

Zone: Recreation

Total games played: 739

Current Streak: 809

Longest Streak: 809

Comments Made: 1,337

Badge Team

USA
2636 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  1:24:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of genres though, now that I'm in buffet challenge and have looked at all the games, I was thinking-Where the hell are these achievement whoring games?

BCFX: Doug Williams Editi-Sports
Jurassic: The Hunted-Modern Shooter (?)
Mayhem 3D-Racing




Team Longshots

Go to Top of Page

ROGUE 1992

362,433

Zone: Recreation

Total games played: 796

Current Streak: 10

Longest Streak: 144

Comments Made: 1,337

Senior Gamer

Australia
769 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  1:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit ROGUE 1992's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great battles is 1000 obtainable.

Go to Top of Page

WolfWood37

302,075

Zone: Pro

Total games played: 581

Current Streak: 40

Longest Streak: 713

Comments Made: 1,337

Badge Team

2417 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  1:34:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by toddycst

Speaking of genres though, now that I'm in buffet challenge and have looked at all the games, I was thinking-Where the hell are these achievement whoring games?

BCFX: Doug Williams Editi-Sports
Jurassic: The Hunted-Modern Shooter (?)
Mayhem 3D-Racing




BCFX: we've had long discussions about why that is not going in. Look back in this thread about it.

Jurassic: its been buried under other games making the cut.

mayhem 3d: never really been brought up to my knowledge. Sometimes games just get buried in the shuffle.



Go to Top of Page

Capn Doug XBA

424,610

Zone: Recreation

Total games played: 585

Current Streak: 1603

Longest Streak: 1603

Comments Made: 1,337

Senior Gamer

776 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  1:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by toddycst

BCFX: Doug Williams Editi-Sports


I think this is about the dozenth time I've seen this obscure American-only game suggested. I also think it has been vetoed by the badge team every time. I really hope that trend continues. Quality may be a subjective measure for inclusion/exclusion, but obscurity isn't. If it wasn't for that one achievement, I don't think many people would have heard of it.

Go to Top of Page

WolfWood37

302,075

Zone: Pro

Total games played: 581

Current Streak: 40

Longest Streak: 713

Comments Made: 1,337

Badge Team

2417 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  1:43:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It can be brought up as many times as people want, its not going in.

Quality, quantity, availability, obscurity, popularity, region lock....they are all factors for every game going in or out. Every game is a case by case basis.



Go to Top of Page

toddycst

244,415

Zone: Recreation

Total games played: 739

Current Streak: 809

Longest Streak: 809

Comments Made: 1,337

Badge Team

USA
2636 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  2:35:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Capn Doug x360a

quote:
Originally posted by toddycst

BCFX: Doug Williams Editi-Sports


I think this is about the dozenth time I've seen this obscure American-only game suggested. I also think it has been vetoed by the badge team every time. I really hope that trend continues. Quality may be a subjective measure for inclusion/exclusion, but obscurity isn't. If it wasn't for that one achievement, I don't think many people would have heard of it.



I really don't care, but since you brought it up Doug, Asterix is an Obscure Candian game that is listed in family, so I really don't think that's a valid argument.




Team Longshots

Go to Top of Page

Roku750

226,310

Zone: Recreation

Total games played: 1,002

Current Streak: 1414

Longest Streak: 1414

Comments Made: 1,337

Badge Team

1780 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  2:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Asterix? Obscure? Asterix is super popular around most of the world except for a few countries such as the US and even then it manages to get used in many foreign language classes over here.

Edited by - Roku750 on Apr 09 2012 2:39:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

WolfWood37

302,075

Zone: Pro

Total games played: 581

Current Streak: 40

Longest Streak: 713

Comments Made: 1,337

Badge Team

2417 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  2:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Roku750

Asterix? Obscure? Asterix is super popular around most of the world except for a few countries such as the US and even then it manages to get used in many foreign language classes over here.



It's also not sold in the US which makes it obscure for this site's purposes.



Go to Top of Page

toddycst

244,415

Zone: Recreation

Total games played: 739

Current Streak: 809

Longest Streak: 809

Comments Made: 1,337

Badge Team

USA
2636 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  3:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Roku750

Asterix? Obscure? Asterix is super popular around most of the world except for a few countries such as the US and even then it manages to get used in many foreign language classes over here.



Sorry Roku, but until I became a member of this site, I never heard of it (notwithstanding the fact that's sitting in my living room right now). I also would argue that the common gamer who lives within the US borders had never heard of it either.

However, as I said before, I really don't care just making a point.




Team Longshots

Go to Top of Page

WolfWood37

302,075

Zone: Pro

Total games played: 581

Current Streak: 40

Longest Streak: 713

Comments Made: 1,337

Badge Team

2417 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  3:30:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by toddycst

quote:
Originally posted by Roku750

Asterix? Obscure? Asterix is super popular around most of the world except for a few countries such as the US and even then it manages to get used in many foreign language classes over here.



Sorry Roku, but until I became a member of this site, I never heard of it (notwithstanding the fact that's sitting in my living room right now). I also would argue that the common gamer who lives within the US borders had never heard of it either.



I was one of them.



Go to Top of Page

Chunkeh Munkeh

460,196

Zone: Recreation

Total games played: 1,538

Current Streak: 79

Longest Streak: 763

Comments Made: 1,337

Advanced Gamer

United Kingdom
1005 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  3:55:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quite surprised you brought up asterix as obscure...I assumed that was extremely popular around the world(not as a game) and it's been around for a very long time.

Toddy...Asterix is French not Canadian, well the actual story of Asterix is, not sure about the game itself.

There are sooooo many games that I believe should be in genres BUT that being said, I understand the reasons behind many games not being added.



JB330 | joshnorm | LAFTA | Chunkeh Munkeh

Be part of my random stats on TA



Go to Top of Page

WolfWood37

302,075

Zone: Pro

Total games played: 581

Current Streak: 40

Longest Streak: 713

Comments Made: 1,337

Badge Team

2417 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  4:13:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It may very well be popular around the world....but its not here.




Go to Top of Page

Capn Doug XBA

424,610

Zone: Recreation

Total games played: 585

Current Streak: 1603

Longest Streak: 1603

Comments Made: 1,337

Senior Gamer

776 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  4:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by toddycst

quote:
Originally posted by Capn Doug x360a

quote:
Originally posted by toddycst

BCFX: Doug Williams Editi-Sports


I think this is about the dozenth time I've seen this obscure American-only game suggested. I also think it has been vetoed by the badge team every time. I really hope that trend continues. Quality may be a subjective measure for inclusion/exclusion, but obscurity isn't. If it wasn't for that one achievement, I don't think many people would have heard of it.



I really don't care, but since you brought it up Doug, Asterix is an Obscure Candian game that is listed in family, so I really don't think that's a valid argument.



Asterix is Canadian? I thought it was European since the company was based in France. It also happens to have more than double the number of people who have played it on TA (2349 vs 1002 for BCFx).

As a side note, using that metric, the most obscure game in any genre is Jillian Micheals Fitness Adventure at 69 players. But that isn't a massive genre like sports. Most obscure Sports games: Nicktoons (748), MLB 2K12 (1155) and NFL Blitz (1505). It wouldn't be the most obscure sports game, but it considering all those games are fairly new and BCFx has been out for a few years, I'd say that it is still the most obscure.

Go to Top of Page

futiles

191,225

Zone: Recreation

Total games played: 550

Current Streak: 16

Longest Streak: 404

Comments Made: 1,337

Events Team

9544 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  4:21:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Asterix the cartoon is French.

The game is European, region free, and has multiple languages supported on disc.

It is in a genre because there was a single point last year where the badge team (which was a single person at the time) allowed every member of the site to make a suggestion for a game into a genre.

The only requirement was that the game had to be able to be completed, and playable on a US NTSC/ATSC console. (Since a vast majority of the site is US, and stacking was not possible)

Asterix was MY suggestion into family.

It is actually a popular cartoon in any francophone, including Louisiana, where I was born and raised.

As far as how the current badge team handles genres and changes, that is up to them.

But, blame for why Asterix, that is 100% futiles.

Edited by - futiles on Apr 09 2012 4:25:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

ROGUE 1992

362,433

Zone: Recreation

Total games played: 796

Current Streak: 10

Longest Streak: 144

Comments Made: 1,337

Senior Gamer

Australia
769 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  4:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit ROGUE 1992's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any chance of a rulling on great battles medieval?

Go to Top of Page

WolfWood37

302,075

Zone: Pro

Total games played: 581

Current Streak: 40

Longest Streak: 713

Comments Made: 1,337

Badge Team

2417 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  4:32:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ROGUE 1992

Any chance of a rulling on great battles medieval?



your ruling is to be determined later.

later is at the discretion of the badge team.



Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
360voice Community © 2006 360voice.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000