Longest Streak: 209

Comments Made: 1,337

Asshaticus!!

USA
2478 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  04:29:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fafhrdd

It so needs to be Pepsi... great this thing is going to be ruined by all the Pepsi haters before it started!

For someone who still uses IE5, the fact that you're a die-hard Pepsi fan comes at no surprise.

Have some of you started mapping out the games list? Not even touching the JP games, you're looking at around 12-15 hours to topple the current record.

I was looking just with what I have played myself and it doesn't seem too bad to do in under 24 hours.

Start with Fallout 3 (PC). Get that out of the way so that you don't have to spend time doing the profile creation/recovery on the computer. Then move into the slightly more technical games, like 2006 fifa world cup. Then flow through some 2k6 titles, MLB and NBA. Hammer out NatM 2, Megamind, Fuzion Frenzy 2, and the Backyard Sports title that is like 10 minutes.

You're now sitting pretty at 8550 in probably 6-9 hours of gaming. From here you can spend 4 hours dickpunching in FNR3, then flip to TMNT. Now you're looking at 10-12 hours straight, and you've hit 10550, which would cover the new record. Now it's pure ego boosting.

What to do with your other 12 hours? I would do Truth or Lies at this point, cause the game is a PITA and after 12 hours, you might just want to yell at stuff. Now we can set aside another 2 hours for that, plus a conservative 6 for a few JP games, 14550 @ the 18ish hour mark. Here is where delirium might start to affect your gaming.

Easy enough, you can start your simulations now. Sim through 4 Madden titles, we'll call that 3500 points, giving you 18k on a safe estimate. Now you're down to the last hour or two. So here is where you would bust out Avatar and whatever other mindless easy game you might have to play when you cant stand looking at the screen or holding a controller.

So, unless there's a few easier games that I'm missing out on. A safe number to peg for a 24 whoring would be 20k.

" I can't keep up right now, as soon as I get enough to feed it, I have to play forever just to give it some water. Then it falls asleep." -smrnov

Go to Top of Page

DJP519

Zone: Recreation

Total games played: 297

Current Streak: 0

Longest Streak: 472

Average Gamer

USA
245 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  05:17:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I may be down for this, depending on the date. It's about a 6 hour drive for me.
Go to Top of Page

griffey95

Total games played: 1,201

Current Streak: 18

Longest Streak: 622

Advanced Gamer

USA
1477 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  05:23:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bigs 1 is an easy 600 in an hour as well as a good quick amount from Nicktoons MLB (basically bigs all over again).

Another 100 by playing 1 online match in WarTech, etc.

Some games have quick easy ones which you can exploit, but remembering where all the points come from is a task in itself.

Edited by - griffey95 on Jan 24 2012 05:26:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

MyFryHole

Total games played: 514

Current Streak: 8

Longest Streak: 685

Senior Gamer

601 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  05:23:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also needs to be Coke, not Pepsi
Go to Top of Page

pTartTX

Total games played: 705

Longest Streak: 666

Badge Team

1789 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  06:14:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wild Cherry Pepsi is a must at this event...

Go to Top of Page

futiles

Total games played: 551

Current Streak: 1

Longest Streak: 404

Events Team

9547 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  07:46:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chunkeh Munkeh

I can bring a decent amount of quick stackable pal games just don't particularly want to take an xbox on the plane (don't want it getting thrown around. The sooner a concrete date is in place the better for us as we can book the flights whilst we have the money to do so lol!

I have a carry-on bag dedicated to my 360. Fits my padded 360 travel bag, 4 controllers, games, battery charger, all cabling (HD, SD, VGA, HDMI, Optical, Ethernet), any adapters, an RF modulator (in case the hotel does not have RCA/VGA/HDMI inputs), tool to remove any coax locks, etc.

Basically, I have a pre-packed bag, and just throw in console and controllers and games.

It fits in the overhead bin, and no worry about anything getting messed up.

quote:
Originally posted by CKinAL

Just sore on our arms, and white stuff all in my hair and over my face.

Go to Top of Page

LausDomini

Total games played: 1,071

Current Streak: 1543

Longest Streak: 1543

Events Team

USA
2666 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  08:51:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by griffey95

Bigs 1 is an easy 600 in an hour as well as a good quick amount from Nicktoons MLB (basically bigs all over again).

Some games have quick easy ones which you can exploit, but remembering where all the points come from is a task in itself.

I can put together a spreadsheet with suggestions for a world record attempt. For example, I believe Bladestorm has 150g for creating three characters real quickly.

Go to Top of Page

BoZack

Total games played: 768

Longest Streak: 356

Advanced Gamer

USA
1126 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  09:33:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit BoZack's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I really like that one futiles, I bought it and will set it up in the next few days.

I am going to get the other thread going for folks to reverse vote on the potential weekends this summer. What I mean by that is I only want everyone to vote on weekends they CANNOT attend for sure. That way we can get the most people there.

If I let everyone vote for their favorite weekend, chances are there might be another weekend they could also have attended that might work out for another person.

Zack Johnson, eBash Founder
-->eBash on FaceBook

Go to Top of Page

MrGompers

Total games played: 429

Current Streak: 514

Longest Streak: 514

Average Gamer

USA
401 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  09:49:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lausdomini

quote:
Originally posted by griffey95

I can put together a spreadsheet with suggestions for a world record attempt. For example, I believe Bladestorm has 150g for creating three characters real quickly.

If you have an account on TA.com you can sort your achievements by difficulty ratio. I know the 3 major franchises Halo, GOW, & COD give up easy GS in the beginning with Halo 3 or ODST probably being the easiest.

If a person is not concerned with completion they could rip thru some achievements quickly.

Go to Top of Page

futiles

Total games played: 551

Longest Streak: 404

Events Team

9547 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  10:33:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I plan on attending, if everything works out.

I have Fallout 3 PC on the Laptop, so, I would be willing to allow a few people to get 1550 that way.

(Would love to see a Halo 2 PC boosting group at the event...)

quote:
Originally posted by CKinAL

Just sore on our arms, and white stuff all in my hair and over my face.

Go to Top of Page

ThrR4nMyWolfpak

Total games played: 362

Current Streak: 5

Longest Streak: 367

Senior Gamer

USA
819 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  10:52:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit ThrR4nMyWolfpak's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fafhrdd

It so needs to be Pepsi... great this thing is going to be ruined by all the Pepsi haters before it started!

As long as there is Mt. Dew, I'm fine with Pepsi being there.

Go to Top of Page

ThrR4nMyWolfpak

Total games played: 362

Current Streak: 5

Longest Streak: 367

Senior Gamer

USA
819 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  10:57:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit ThrR4nMyWolfpak's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm really interested in this. I'd be coming from Oregon, so I'd have to find a decently priced plane ticket, as there is no way I'd drive. I'll have to take a look at my schedule and find out which weekend(s) work/don't work for me.

Go to Top of Page

BoZack

Total games played: 768

Longest Streak: 356

Advanced Gamer

USA
1126 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  10:58:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit BoZack's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hehe... we have plenty of drinks available in the store from both (but not Wild Cherry Pepsi pTartTX, sorry!) so you don't have to worry about them being available. However I am hoping for some free product donations and usually they do this by getting exclusivity at the event, so free drinks will only be provided by Coke or Pepsi. :)

Zack Johnson, eBash Founder
-->eBash on FaceBook

Go to Top of Page

Chunkeh Munkeh

Total games played: 1,561

Current Streak: 10

Longest Streak: 763

Advanced Gamer

United Kingdom
1005 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  11:06:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like it'll cost near enough to £1,000 for the two of us for flights so as soon as we know a date we'll be booking =)

JB330 | joshnorm | LAFTA | Chunkeh Munkeh

Be part of my random stats on TA

Go to Top of Page

griffey95

Total games played: 1,201

Current Streak: 18

Longest Streak: 622

Advanced Gamer

USA
1477 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  11:36:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been to the states before? Cramped airlines, almost want to go First Class instead of coach. Unless you are under 6 ft tall, if so then all should be fine.

Been thinking of going out of country this year or next, but dunno how big a pain getting a passport will be.

A ticket to Indianapolis is surprisingly cheap compared to other, closer flights in the past.

Edited by - griffey95 on Jan 24 2012 11:43:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dog of Thunder

Total games played: 366

Longest Streak: 62

360voice Staff

USA
6474 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  11:53:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm jealous as thanks to graduate school (3 classes this summer), there is no way I can make it. Granted odds were low anyways since I don't even know what state my parents are moving to this summer either.

Have fun regardless!

(Jerks)
Go to Top of Page

MrGompers

Average Gamer

USA
401 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  3:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chunkeh Munkeh

Looks like it'll cost near enough to £1,000 for the two of us for flights so as soon as we know a date we'll be booking =)

I know it's early in the planning stages and I don't know if you've ever been to the USA, but I would suggest you avoid flying into Canada first then flying into the USA. I know some flights from Europe are routed thru Canada first. That's a bad idea as that means you would have to go thru customs and immigration twice and this could lead to long delays.

Your life will be a lot easier if your 1st point of entry is in the USA. If you have a choice choose New York City over Boston as your point of entry. New York is far busier and the the customs/ immigration process is fairly smooth in comparison to Boston. You could also consider Newark, NJ as your POE as well if a good price comes up for that airport.

As Griffey said basically all the American based airlines are sh*t except for JetBlue, Virgin America/Atlantic and possibly Southwest. Only virgin Atlantic flys from Europe so you can forget about the other two.

If I were you I would stick with the European airlnes such as British Airways, Air France, and Iberia. If your not a member of a airline rewards program I also suggest you sign up for one before taking a flight like this. You would earn a lot of miles for a trip between Europe and the USA.

Except for Chicago there isn't much to see in the midwest USA, so you should consider staying a few days in New York, Boston, or Wash DC before returning home.

Go to Top of Page

Chunkeh Munkeh

Total games played: 1,561

Current Streak: 10

Longest Streak: 763

Advanced Gamer

United Kingdom
1005 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  3:39:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the advice guys...im only 5 foot 9 so shouldnt be too much of an issue. ive never even been on a plane before lol! But mrsmunkeh has been to Florida and New York so she's not as naive as me about this stuff.

Unfortunately we will just be staying for the event as we have two young babies who won't be coming obviously!

On topic of the actual gaming, I will see what I can do about bringing an Xbox down and I'm gunna try and beat the current individual score but not set a new one as I know a few ppl are creating a new tag which I could not beat.

JB330 | joshnorm | LAFTA | Chunkeh Munkeh

Be part of my random stats on TA

Go to Top of Page

MrGompers

Average Gamer

USA
401 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  3:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have system link cables in the store? With that many people and xboxes we could have a LAN party basically and not deal with random people on xbox live. That would be great for boosting.

That leads to my next question. Is there a list somewhere of what games can unlock multi player achievements via system link? I'm about 99% sure GOW1 + GRAW2 multiplayer achievements can be unlocked via system link.

Imagine unlocking difficult multi player achievements such as those in Quake 4.

Go to Top of Page

Cormyre

Total games played:

Longest Streak: 349

USA
7770 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  3:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cormyre's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd be down for this depending on when (I have a ton of contests running this year I have to admin), may even be able to talk MLC into it as well.

Would have to be a fresh gamertag as a bunch of the easy games would be sports games and... well I don't do sports games on my tag :p looks like it's a 4hr drive (less so if MLC is driving I'm sure) down 70, easy enough.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
360voice Community © 2006 360voice.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000