Total games played: 501

Current Streak: 27

Longest Streak: 393

Comments Made: 1,337

Events Team

9469 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  3:50:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
System link cables?

You mean regular, everyday, boring Ethernet cables?

A simple switch and Ethernet cables and you have a local network for system link.

quote:
Originally posted by CKinAL

Just sore on our arms, and white stuff all in my hair and over my face.

Go to Top of Page

BoZack

Zone: Recreation

Total games played: 747

Current Streak: 1

Longest Streak: 356

Advanced Gamer

USA
1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  5:02:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit BoZack's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrGompers

Do you have system link cables in the store? With that many people and xboxes we could have a LAN party basically and not deal with random people on xbox live. That would be great for boosting.

That leads to my next question. Is there a list somewhere of what games can unlock multi player achievements via system link? I'm about 99% sure GOW1 + GRAW2 multiplayer achievements can be unlocked via system link.

Imagine unlocking difficult multi player achievements such as those in Quake 4.

We have everything necessary networking-wise. We have gigabit networking throughout the facility and plenty of bandwidth. We are setup year round for 100 stations in use every weekend. No network cables will be needed.

I am leaning now toward a 3 day event since everyone will travel and we might as well take advantage of having everyone in one place at one time. The Guinness portion will still be from noon Sat until noon Sun but we can unlock more on Friday and then on Sunday for those that want to maximize their trip.

Zack Johnson, eBash Founder
-->eBash on FaceBook

Go to Top of Page

futiles

Total games played: 501

Current Streak: 27

Longest Streak: 393

Events Team

9469 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  7:56:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not only was achievementfest.com available, but a few quick searches seem to indicate that there is no existing "Achievement Fest 20XX" operation going on anywhere.

Not sure what you want to do, BoZack, but perhaps eBash should trademark "Achievement Fest" so you and the store have full rights to it from here on out.

quote:
Originally posted by CKinAL

Just sore on our arms, and white stuff all in my hair and over my face.

Go to Top of Page

Fafhrdd

Total games played: 250

Current Streak: 2

Longest Streak: 60

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  04:39:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fafhrdd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dacoto

quote:
Originally posted by Fafhrdd

It so needs to be Pepsi... great this thing is going to be ruined by all the Pepsi haters before it started!

For someone who still uses IE5, the fact that you're a die-hard Pepsi fan comes at no surprise.

I started using Chrome and I am suprised how fast it is... I may stick with it... but I will never get rid of my Pepsi...

I know I said I would use a new tag but I am personally torn over, would like to try to go for the individual record but at the same time whoring some points for my main account sounds good as well.... I recommend BoZack do another thread to gather the list of people who may try for the record, people who will try for it, or people who will just use their existing account and try to unlock as much as they can.

360 Tune Up | Xbox 360 Tech Blog | Bing: Search and Earn Microsoft Points

Latest Tool Released: Achievement Rating System (ARS)

Lastest Blog Posting: Project Find More Room

Lastest How-To Guide: How to Open an Xbox 360 Controller

My points BEFORE 360V challenges: 14,590
Go to Top of Page

DJP519

Total games played: 290

Current Streak: 0

Longest Streak: 472

Average Gamer

USA
244 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  05:40:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One other thought, BoZack, would we be able to briefly load up any the games from the store collection that we might need to complete one or two of the collection badges here on 360v? No need to necessarily pop any achievements for that, just start up each game for a quick minute. That might be a nice value-add for some participants, but it may require going thru 10 or 20 different titles.

Edited by - DJP519 on Jan 25 2012 05:40:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

BoZack

Advanced Gamer

USA
1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  06:05:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit BoZack's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think we are going to set-up a section of the forums here just for Achievement Fest discussions shortly. When I get the website up for registration I will just link all discussions back here to that section. Here is some things we need to figure out:

- Tracking who is going for individual record
- Individual play list discussion, games and what to play
- Group play list discussions, games and what to play
- Extra gaming sessions before/after the record attempt
- Games list (who is bringing what)
- Reservation list of eBash games (for example, we have one Avatar, so we need a list of who is playing the game in order to make sure it gets rotated around appropriately for those who don't own it)

I think that every year that we do this we will get better at the organization process. I know this is why we will EASILY set the group record and each year will beat it to hold onto our title. No one else will be as organized as 360voice members. There isn't a better community-ran site that I have seen out there.

-->eBash on FaceBook

Go to Top of Page

BoZack

Advanced Gamer

USA
1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  06:08:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit BoZack's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJP519

One other thought, BoZack, would we be able to briefly load up any the games from the store collection that we might need to complete one or two of the collection badges here on 360v? No need to necessarily pop any achievements for that, just start up each game for a quick minute. That might be a nice value-add for some participants, but it may require going thru 10 or 20 different titles.

Absolutely. That is a great idea. We have every RETAIL game (unless we sell some before the event, but I am pretty quick are replacing them) obviously because I have them all loaded on my account.

But this will decrease the value of my own collection badges.... ARGH... I am conflicted! Of course we will only be able to handle around 125 tops, so the badges won't be affected that much...

-->eBash on FaceBook

Go to Top of Page

Rockin Gamer752

Zone: Pro

Total games played:

Longest Streak: 102

Junior Gamer

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  11:11:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have family near Lebanon so this is definitely a possibility for me. Guess I should start looking into a summer visit then!

Go to Top of Page

Fshguy

Total games played: 1,050

Current Streak: 1244

Longest Streak: 1244

360voice Staff

USA
5737 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  2:40:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fshguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BoZack

quote:
Originally posted by DJP519

Absolutely. That is a great idea. We have every RETAIL game (unless we sell some before the event, but I am pretty quick are replacing them) obviously because I have them all loaded on my account.

But this will decrease the value of my own collection badges.... ARGH... I am conflicted! Of course we will only be able to handle around 125 tops, so the badges won't be affected that much...

We can schedule a collection badge update right after your event, no worries... Although a 100 new people won't depreciate the value too much. I wouldn't complain if there was a box with those arcade games I need.

Needs more Cowbell!!!!!
My Blog | Badge Calc | Voice Calendar
Go to Top of Page

pTartTX

Total games played: 644

Current Streak: 19

Longest Streak: 666

Badge Team

1763 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  2:53:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A quick question regarding the individual record...

Mr. pTart is intending on going for that, but I am allowed to help him on the way? Like if he plays NBA 2K6 as the main player and I play as the secondary remote to help him, is that okay? It just how we've always gamed together so it would be weird to play anyways else. Or do all the achievements need to be earned strictly by himself?

Edited by - pTartTX on Jan 25 2012 2:54:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chunkeh Munkeh

Total games played: 1,436

Current Streak: 131

Longest Streak: 763

Advanced Gamer

United Kingdom
1003 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  3:09:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pTartTX

Mr. pTart is intending on going for that, but I am allowed to help him on the way? Like if he plays NBA 2K6 as the main player and I play as the secondary remote to help him, is that okay? It just how we've always gamed together so it would be weird to play anyways else. Or do all the achievements need to be earned strictly by himself?

That is a very good question...it could rule out online achievements by way of boosting or even fallout 3 if it is a no-no as boosting online would be the same as plugging in a controller...or maybe im just looking into it too much

JB330 | joshnorm | LAFTA | Chunkeh Munkeh

Be part of my random stats on TA

Go to Top of Page

LausDomini

Total games played: 1,029

Current Streak: 1339

Longest Streak: 1339

Events Team

USA
2650 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  3:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I would imagine that as long as one person is logged into the main account, and only that person uses that account, then it shouldn't matter who else is a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th account, but that's just a reasonable guess.

Go to Top of Page

Rockin Gamer752

Total games played:

Longest Streak: 102

Junior Gamer

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  6:38:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lausdomini

quote:

I would imagine that as long as one person is logged into the main account, and only that person uses that account, then it shouldn't matter who else is a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th account, but that's just a reasonable guess.

I'd agree with that^

Otherwise it would rule out all multiplayer achievements in games technically, which can put quite a limit on what you can earn for some things. As long as the person going for the achievement gets it to pop on their own account, by their own doing, I would assume its fine. But that's also just a reasonable guess.

Go to Top of Page

BoZack

Advanced Gamer

USA
1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  10:14:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit BoZack's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For an "individual" record there is no way Guinness will allow someone else near the console. They don't have time to get to know the intricacies (I think that is how you spell it) of what it takes to unlock an achievement. But if they see someone submit a video of an individual record and there is a second (or 3rd, or 4th) player sitting down with them on the same Xbox then they will probably automatically DQ the submission.

In other news, I have the domain and site up. I will post as we get the seating chart and other items ready for viewing. I would like to see more votes on the date thread before we close it out. Maybe most people are good any weekend in the summer as long as we get it tied up in the next few weeks so they can start planning?

The website is here:

www.achievementfest.com

-->eBash on FaceBook

Go to Top of Page

Ergo Me Smart

Total games played: 294

Current Streak: 7

Longest Streak: 37

Junior Gamer

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  11:06:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way, if you're going for these records, it may be a good idea to actually contact Guinness, as they may be less willing to accept it after the event. Hell, could get people to chip in and get someone from Guinness to come down and monitor the event!
Go to Top of Page

BoZack

Advanced Gamer

USA
1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  7:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit BoZack's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Guinness part will be taken care of WELL ahead of the event. There is a form you fill out to suggest parameters for a new record (the group ones) and I will be taking care of all of those. All of the individuals will be filling out the same forms who are going for individual records. Just in-case of malfunctions with someone's box/tag/etc we should probably have 5-10 individuals going for records at the same time to make sure at least one of them get the record during AF.

I checked on having a rep show up, but it is around $6k to have them attend the event for one day. Our event may count as two days, but either way it is too much to spend when we can handle everything on our own for next to nothing.

-->eBash on FaceBook

Go to Top of Page

Chunkeh Munkeh

Total games played: 1,436

Current Streak: 131

Longest Streak: 763

Advanced Gamer

United Kingdom
1003 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  02:29:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
6k?! WOW thats excessive!

JB330 | joshnorm | LAFTA | Chunkeh Munkeh

Be part of my random stats on TA

Go to Top of Page

MAJ0R BLAZE

Total games played:

Longest Streak: 38

Starting Gamer

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  5:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit MAJ0R BLAZE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ye

Go to Top of Page

BoZack

Advanced Gamer

USA
1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  12:36:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit BoZack's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hoping to set the date this week. Waiting to hear back from the local Visitor and Convention Bureau on the dates to make sure we don't have a local conflict with anything.

Lots of changes to the website this week.

Forum mods - Could one of you create an Achievement Fest section of the forums here that we can link back to from the achievementfest.com website for discussion?

-->eBash on FaceBook

Go to Top of Page

dacoto

Total games played: 358

Current Streak: 75

Longest Streak: 209

Asshaticus!!

USA
2416 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  1:05:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you talked to Twin Galaxies at all? They seem to the the de facto group for all things gaming related as far as GWR is concerned...

"Must not everything, in the end, be swallowed up in death?"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
360voice Community © 2006 360voice.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000