Zone: Recreation

Total games played: 765

Current Streak: 2

Longest Streak: 356

Comments Made: 1,337

Advanced Gamer

USA
1126 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  1:40:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit BoZack's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As we continue to progress (not quickly enough!) towards that awesome weekend in July I thought we should get started now lining up volunteers for the weekend. For each of the following areas/categories I am looking for one person who can oversee the category and coordinate other volunteers within that category. Hopefully this will make more sense after I list the categories:

Guinness World Record(s) - (Director - Indigo Ferret)Coordinating all things related to filing the paperwork, getting names of all who are participating, etc.

Food - Help organize the meals being brought in during the Guinness portion. Also take reservations and coordinate other meals at local restaurants for the group.

Sponsorships - (Director - dacoto) Contact companies to get SWAG sent to us for doorprizes and other items to give away at the event. Example might be the Red Bull girls, Tritton/Madcatz headsets, Microsoft, etc.

Registration and Welcome Crew - (Director - ThrR4nMyWolfpak, UberToast, MyFryHole, Tandar1) Keeping track of players as they arrive and making sure all seats are correctly assigned and equipped. This will need to be someone arriving on Friday earlier in the day.

Boosting Sessions - (Director - pTartTX, futiles, Partypeeps) For those coming on Friday and staying until Monday there will be tons of time for boosting sessions. Some discussions have already started, but we need a person to take the lead on setting up a schedule of these side events.

Promotion - (Director - the dren, Fafhrdd) I need a street team that can help promote the event. We are almost at 25% full with 5 months left to go, but there should be no reason we don't sell out this event. Cross promotion with other achievement sites will help.

Travel - Futiles started a thread along these lines, but we need something official that someone can coordinate directions of travel, times arriving at the airport. Also this group can help maintain records of the hotels with room blocks we have reserved and getting folks to-and-from the hotels to the venue.

In ALL of these cases I am going to be very involved helping those who have volunteered to direct those areas. For example I am meeting with the local Convention and Visitor's Bureau tomorrow morning to get the hotel rooms ironed out with multiple locations so there are choices in cost, proximity to eBash, etc.

Zack Johnson, eBash Founder
-->eBash on FaceBook

Edited by - BoZack on Feb 25 2012 07:37:29 AM

ThrR4nMyWolfpak

Total games played: 361

Current Streak: 13

Longest Streak: 367

Senior Gamer

USA
819 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  2:08:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit ThrR4nMyWolfpak's Homepage  Reply with Quote
UberToast and I would like to volunteer for the registration portion of the event. I'll keep an updated spreadsheet of people that are signed up on AchievementFest.com. We will be arriving late Thursday/very early Friday, so we could meet up with you to go over specifics anytime on Friday. At least after 10AM. LOL!!

Edit - Uber will post shortly confirming my statement.

Edited by - ThrR4nMyWolfpak on Feb 21 2012 2:30:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

dacoto

Total games played: 420

Current Streak: 0

Longest Streak: 209

Asshaticus!!

USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  2:18:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any official word from Guinness or Twin Galaxies or whomever to give some credibility to the event? Has it been officially sanctioned or whatnot yet?

Would help in the SWAG department. If there was some way to prove that we have a legit event scheduled it would go a lot farther for sponsorship.

" I can't keep up right now, as soon as I get enough to feed it, I have to play forever just to give it some water. Then it falls asleep." -smrnov

Go to Top of Page

BoZack

Advanced Gamer

USA
1126 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  2:21:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit BoZack's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dacoto

Is there any official word from Guinness or Twin Galaxies or whomever to give some credibility to the event? Has it been officially sanctioned or whatnot yet?

Would help in the SWAG department. If there was some way to prove that we have a legit event scheduled it would go a lot farther for sponsorship.

The registration process is very straight-forward and simple through their website. It takes 6-8 weeks to get their "approval" back to then proceed with the record attempt.

Indigo Ferret has a contact at Twin Galaxies he is going to reach out to in the meantime to see if we can get some inside assistance.

One thing we will need to do is an individual application for each person attempting the single player record. The group one can be more open-ended, since we don't have to list everyone's names until the event takes place.

-->eBash on FaceBook

Go to Top of Page

dacoto

Asshaticus!!

USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  2:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BoZack

The registration process is very straight-forward and simple through their website. It takes 6-8 weeks to get their "approval" back to then proceed with the record attempt.

Indigo Ferret has a contact at Twin Galaxies he is going to reach out to in the meantime to see if we can get some inside assistance.

So, everyone who is attempting needs to register 2 months in advance? Or have we heard back as far as the whole event is concerned?

Has IF heard back from TG?

I sent you an email through the site with all of this stuff as well.

" I can't keep up right now, as soon as I get enough to feed it, I have to play forever just to give it some water. Then it falls asleep." -smrnov

Go to Top of Page

the dren

Total games played: 434

Current Streak: 2966

Longest Streak: 2966

Advanced Gamer

USA
2026 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  5:53:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Dren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm already mentioning the event every chance I get, can be part of the street thing I believe.

-The Dren

Clan Easy Frag

Go to Top of Page

Indigo Ferret

Total games played: 593

Longest Streak: 202

Senior Gamer

USA
617 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  09:06:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I found out that Twin Galaxies was NOT involved in the prior Guinness record. Apparently they are involved when a record deals with a specific game high score or something of that nature. Frankly I am surprised that they would not be involved due to the potentially technical nature of this record.

My request was forwarded to Guinness and they have contacted me with what appears to be a generic "Thanks for attempting a record, please register at our website".

I am trying to follow up with a real person regarding the specific rules and details surrounding the individual record, but I am also registering at the Guinness website (http://member.guinnessworldrecords.com/register/login.aspx) and I will be submitting a record attempt to see what further information I might have access to online. If it takes 4-6 weeks for them to reply to a record setting request, I will probably have more info sooner if the live person can help me.

I will keep you all updated.

Go to Top of Page

dacoto

Asshaticus!!

USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  09:54:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good deal. Keep us informed.

I'm going to be a day behind on this recon work. I had to stay home today thanks to a 2 year old with double pink eye :/

Go to Top of Page

Fafhrdd

Total games played: 266

Longest Streak: 60

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  1:46:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fafhrdd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Put me in the street team. I will be using my website and other means to spread the news...

360 Tune Up | Xbox 360 Tech Blog | Bing: Search and Earn Microsoft Points

Latest Tool Released: Achievement Rating System (ARS)

Lastest Blog Posting: Project Find More Room

Lastest How-To Guide: How to Open an Xbox 360 Controller

My points BEFORE 360V challenges: 14,590
Go to Top of Page

pTartTX

Total games played: 705

Longest Streak: 666

Badge Team

1788 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  2:54:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can do boosting.

Go to Top of Page

futiles

Total games played: 549

Current Streak: 15

Longest Streak: 404

Events Team

9544 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  2:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pTartTX

I can do boosting.

Boosting director would be someone that figures out what games could be boosted, who is interested in boosting what, how long it takes to boosts those achievements and working out a time schedule for it.

If you are interested in this task, I can be of assistance, I have been known to schedule a pretty efficient boosting session.

quote:
Originally posted by CKinAL

Just sore on our arms, and white stuff all in my hair and over my face.

Go to Top of Page

pTartTX

Total games played: 705

Longest Streak: 666

Badge Team

1788 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  3:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by futiles

quote:
Originally posted by pTartTX

I can do boosting.

Boosting director would be someone that figures out what games could be boosted, who is interested in boosting what, how long it takes to boosts those achievements and working out a time schedule for it.

If you are interested in this task, I can be of assistance, I have been known to schedule a pretty efficient boosting session.

Sorry, I should have been more thorough with my original answer. I can handle duties you have stated above. I am a bit of a organizational freak, just ask Mr. pTart. I am quite handy with Excel and I do host a good amount of boosting sessions. But, futiles, I will not turn down any help

EDIT: since you bragged on yourself, I am going to brag on me. I am known to run efficient boosting sessions as well, just look at my feedback on TA

Edited by - pTartTX on Feb 22 2012 3:20:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

futiles

Total games played: 549

Current Streak: 15

Longest Streak: 404

Events Team

9544 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  3:58:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent!

quote:
Originally posted by CKinAL

Just sore on our arms, and white stuff all in my hair and over my face.

Go to Top of Page

BoZack

Advanced Gamer

USA
1126 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  8:35:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit BoZack's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update the main post to this point with volunteer names.

Each of you feel free to start putting together your ideas and putting things in motion. I had a great meeting with the Visitor's Bureau today and they are getting the blocks of hotel rooms set-up for us at a few different places. They should give us a discount rate, all you need to do is mention Achievement Fest when you book the room.

Also they have given us the run of their shuttle van for the 4 day weekend. I have a few guys that will drive it back-and-forth from the airport, so we can coordinate rides for those flying in who do not want to get a rental car to-and-from the airport and then also around town to the different hotels.

-->eBash on FaceBook

Go to Top of Page

Rockin Gamer752

Zone: Pro

Total games played: 248

Current Streak: 19

Longest Streak: 102

Junior Gamer

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  8:45:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To the promo team: maybe a front page post here would be helpful, and probably getting some coverage on TA (if possible).

Go to Top of Page

Indigo Ferret

Total games played: 593

Longest Streak: 202

Senior Gamer

USA
617 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  9:31:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Something to think about for promotion and sponsorship would be Gamer Grub and Monster Energy. This event would be a perfect fit for both those brands and I'm sure in the end there will be at least some press coverage on this.

Go to Top of Page

dacoto

Asshaticus!!

USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  04:53:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you going to post something about this event on your main page? Something on the main terrehaute.ebash page would be nice.

Also, unless I'm just failing at the internets, I don't see any mention of eBash on the achievementfest page either.

Before I send out these sponsoship emails, it would be nice if these pages promoted each other. Some companies might want to look into what it is they're about to sponsor.

Go to Top of Page

UberToast

Total games played: 757

Current Streak: 38

Longest Streak: 2567

Senior Gamer

USA
643 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  06:57:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit UberToast's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ThrR4nMyWolfpak

UberToast and I would like to volunteer for the registration portion of the event. I'll keep an updated spreadsheet of people that are signed up on AchievementFest.com. We will be arriving late Thursday/very early Friday, so we could meet up with you to go over specifics anytime on Friday. At least after 10AM. LOL!!

Confirmed. :)

Go to Top of Page

Fshguy

Total games played: 1,185

Current Streak: 1421

Longest Streak: 1421

360voice Staff

USA
5765 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  09:06:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fshguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can get front page post up. I'm also considering doing some type of cross promotion for those people playing at home...

Needs more Cowbell!!!!!
My Blog | Badge Calc | Voice Calendar
Go to Top of Page

MyFryHole

Total games played: 508

Current Streak: 9

Longest Streak: 685

Senior Gamer

601 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  11:10:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UberToast

quote:
Originally posted by ThrR4nMyWolfpak

Confirmed. :)

I can help out too!!
Go to Top of Page

BoZack

Advanced Gamer

USA
1126 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  04:13:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit BoZack's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We added the eBash and 360voice logos to the top of the Achievement Fest page. Dacoto is hard at work on heading up the sponsorship side. He and I are brainstorming some ideas and there are some really cool ideas.

MyFryHole I have added you to the registration group and also I am changing it to also encompass a type of "Event Host" role. So for example you guys will be in charge of as much meet-and-greet as possible. I am sure I won't have much time to be able to make every person comfortable when they first arrive, so your group can get players checked in, provide their swag bag, help them get their equipment to their seats and generally make everyone feel welcome. :)

-->eBash on FaceBook

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
360voice Community © 2006 360voice.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000